|Country Calling Code||Code to call Vietnam from another country||84|
|International Access Code (IAC)||Prefix to make an international call from Vietnam||00|
|Domestic Access Code (DAC)||Prefix to make a call between cities in Vietnam||0|
|International Calls To
|Dial your country's IAC + country code for Vietnam + area code in Vietnam + local number||Local: Dial the local number
Long distance: Dial the DAC for Vietnam + area code + local number
|Dial the IAC for Vietnam + country code of country being dialed + area code (or mobile phone prefix) + local number|
|Example of an international call from the US to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam:
011 +  + (8) + local number
|Example of a long distance call from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City:
0 + (8) + local number
|Example of an international call from Vietnam to San Francisco, US:
00 +  + (415) + local number
Basic Calling Information
Area Codes and Local Numbers
- Area code + subscriber number in Vietnam totals nine to ten digits.
- Area codes in Vietnam are one to three digits.
- Subscriber numbers in Vietnam contain seven or eight digits.
- When dialing between cities within Vietnam, dial the Domestic Access Code ("0") before the area code. Do not dial this access code when calling from another country.
- Mobile phone numbers in Vietnam contain nine to ten digits. The first two or three digits signify the cellular network to which the number belongs.
- When dialing mobile phone numbers within Vietnam, dial the Domestic Access Code ("0") before the area code. Do not dial this access code when calling from another country.
Special Numbers and Services
- Toll-free numbers start with the prefix "1800".
- Premium numbers start with the prefix "1900". This type of service is not as prevalent as it is in the United States. These numbers are used to provide social and economic information and consultation on numerous topics, e.g., psychology, drug addiction, employment etc.
- Subscribers in Vietnam can sign up for the following services: call forwarding, call identification, conference calling, voice-mail, call waiting, call only/receive only, and automatic alarm.
Copyright © 1993-2020 World Trade Press. All rights reserved.