- Alcohol: (18 years of age and older)
Alcoholic drinks, beer: 3.0 liters
Liquor of 22% proof or higher: 1.5 liters
Liquor of under 22% proof: 2.0 liters
- Coffee and Tea: (18 years of age and older)
Coffee: 3 kg
Tea: 5 kg
a reasonable quantity of perfume.
- Tobacco: (18 years of age and older)
400 cigarettes, 100 cigars, or 50 g of loose tobacco
Total value, not including items above, cannot exceed VND 5,000,000. All videotapes, some software, and most books are considered suspect in Vietnam and will be inspected. Fax machines must be registered with the government.
- Controlled drugs
- Antigovernment material
- Cigarettes beyond stipulated quantity for duty free
- Firecrackers of all kinds
- Live animals
- Narcotics (including opium)
- Toxic chemicals
- Toys with negative impact on the dignity of education, social security and safety
- Unregistered antiquities
- Weapons (including knives), ammunition, explosives, military and technical equipment
- Vietnamese currency
Foreign currencies, up to US$7,000 or equivalent. Amounts exceeding US$7,000 must be declared on arrival
Gold bars, jewelery and diamonds may incur customs duty
Dogs and cats require a good health certificate and a rabies certificate
Note: Customs is handled by military personnel and they have little compunction about rudely handling what they consider to be "disrespectful" tourists.
Copyright © 1993-2022 World Trade Press. All rights reserved.